Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Approval of the rebirth

I do not know many details about the art styles in the Renaissance period but I think I could agree with their art style. And it seems like some of their style were taken from the art prior to then and they upgraded it or something. It seems that there were new discoveries in the Renaissance period; like the development of new technologies such the printing press and new system of astronomy.

Renaissance art period came after the Christian art period which explains why there were a lot of art that depicts religious images and the Virgin Mary or Madonna as their subject matter. There is also the revival of a style of architecture based on classical precedents inspired a corresponding classism in painting and sculpture in the paintings of Masaccio and Uccello. The improvement of oil painting and the developments in oil-painting techniques should also be kept in mind that it happened in the Renaissance period.  

The 3 great realism artists Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo Buonnaroti and Raphael Sanzio were present in this period and one of them perfected the chiaroscuro. But I don’t think art should really be perfect. I do agree with this period’s style but I really think that art should be free as I said on my previous entry.

It is also said that Renaissance art sought to capture the experience of an individual and the beauty and mystery of the natural world which I think is very magnificent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment