Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A work of art is a scream for freedom

We all have the freedom to choose what we want to do and what we want for ourselves. We don’t need others to tell us what should be done because we wouldn’t be making any progress that way, we won’t be able to decide and do what we think is best for us.


Same as for art; it should be free. Art itself is freedom. And we, as artists are free to decide on how our artwork should be made and how it should touch others’ hearts.
Living in the Christian period must be a living hell to some of the artist back then. There is a possibility that some artists stop making art because they are forced to have only one topic, which should be anything related to Christianity. But I also admire those artists who could think of something to create, to speak through people with their art. There could also be artists who are lucky because the said theme is their forte.

If I were told to have only one topic or theme for my art, I would have two options. Either, stop because I wouldn’t be able to enjoy myself making art if I don’t have my own freedom on my hands or pursue and look for ways to make it happen. I could even take advantage of that certain theme and squeeze in hints of double meaning and different messages that what the ordinary eyes can see. And if my artwork would be successful and is worthy enough for people today to study about, then as an artist I would be very proud. Imagine then trying to solve the mystery with different theories, of course they would also look through the Christian period and learn the way of living for them to understand more about the art in that period. Productive, isn’t it? It would be killing two birds with one stone for them; they’ll be able to learn more about the Christian period and they would be able to make hypothesis and/or theories regarding the artworks or there is a possibility that they could find out the true meaning of the art.


Free yourself and make your own art that you could be proud of showing the world. Don't let yourself down. Be different. Different it good. Being unique so you could be called "one of a kind."

No comments:

Post a Comment